So now you’ve gone and done it! Mundane has moved into your life and business. Now is the time to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and get your blood pumping again. There’s nothing worse than a business that has stalemated and is losing its customers, but along the way, don’t lose your values and morals while you shake things loose. Here a few fundamental things to work on that will keep things crisp and adventurous, improve your business productivity and help you stay creative.
- As every holiday comes along, find something fun about it, and promote it. Make a point to plan ahead and get your employees involved. That will in turn increase the word of mouth and advertisement of how unique and fun you are.
- Take care of those employees. Find ways for them to have fun on their jobs. It will increase their productivity as well as their love for you and your company. The more you care for your employees, the more they will sacrifice for you. As long as you put on the ‘I am human’, the more they respond. If they just become a number, you’ve already lost the battle. They hate you. Get to know their names and get out there and find out who they are.
- Training is the utmost essential item to do when you are running a company. No matter how large or small you are, those employees are an extension of you. They have to have massive amounts of training to know their job and know how to do it the way you need them to do it.
- Your customers are the life blood of your business. Show appreciation for them….. OFTEN! Have a sale appreciation day or have a customer appreciation month. Have giveaways that REALLY give away something. If they can jump up and down with a free product and others see, you have just won a customer for life. As well as others that want to try to win too.
- Mary Kay Ash always said that P&L meant People and Love. As long as you make it about the people, the profit and loss will be insignificant. Make people important and they will take care of you.
With all those in place, you are a winner. You take care of all the people in your line of business and they will take care of you. It’s a concept that not a lot of business owners are used to using. It always comes down to the bottom line, but if your bottom line is people, you’ve already won the battle. You don’t have to spend thousands and bury yourself in debt, you just need to know their names and be concerned for their welfare. A little bit of compassion grows some amazingly large trees; why not try it on the most important things in your life? It can only help with…….. Everything! Good luck and have some fun! Smiles for miles make for great track records.