Nobody said that starting an online business is easy. It requires a lot of work, ingenuity and trial and error. Unfortunately, many don’t make it. Recent research has shown that 90% of online businesses fail within their first four months.
The good news is that there are a number of tools to help new online entrepreneurs succeed. Here are some that should be at the top of every online business owner’s wish list.
Kajabi is a great tool to help online entrepreneurs monetize their content. Whether you are selling ebooks or charging subscriptions for online courses, you can leverage their tools to increase your revenue. Here are some of their best features:
- Quickly create customized landing pages
- Host high-definition videos
- Platforms for community building
If you don’t much experience in web development and can’t afford to hire a professional, then Kajabi is a great alternative.
Most online businesses are heavily dependent on organic search traffic, especially if they don’t have money for PPC advertising. Referrals from Google, Bing and other search engines accounts for about 70% of all traffic on the Internet.
However, many entrepreneurs don’t know the first thing about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). They often engage in old-school, black-hat SEO strategies, which end up penalizing their website. If you don’t know whether or not your site is properly optimized, you should consider creating an account with SEMRush.
SEMRush allows you to:
- Monitor your search engine rankings for numerous keywords
- See which keywords your competitors are ranking for
- Analyze the backlink profiles of your own website and your competitors’ sites
- See how keyword rankings change over time
SEMRush will help you see whether your SEO strategy is working or not. If you hired an outside SEO company, it is a good idea to check the rankings with this tool.
You can promote your company for free in your email signature. You can provide a clear call-to-action and links to:
- Your home
- Your blog
- Recent research papers
WiseStamp is a free tool that helps you create effective email signatures. You can also upgrade to the premium plan to get access to the following features:
- The option to omit references to WiseStamp in your signature
- Create premium designs
- Choose from a wider range of templates
- Create custom buttons and social media icons
- Store an unlimited number of signatures
- Get better customer support
If you are sending at least a dozen emails a day, then WiseStamp can be a very effective promotional tool.
Hootsuite is a great marketing automation and marketing analytics tool. Here are some of its primary features:
- Schedule social media posts
- Create real-time analytics reports
- Measure the ROI of your marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of your employee advocacy
Hootsuite has been one of the top marketing automation, analytics and engagement tools for nearly a decade. They have a variety of free and low-cost plans, so it’s a great tool for marketers on a tight budget.
Unbounce is a powerful tool for conversion rate optimization. It allows you to:
- Create powerful, high-converting landing pages in less than five minutes
- Run a variety of A/B tests to see which versions convert the best
- Integrate your content with marketing automation tools, such as Hootsuite
If you feel that your landing pages aren’t converting well, then you may want to check out Unbounce. Not everyone has a knack for creating great landing pages, so this tool can be a lifesaver.
LeadPages is similar to Unbounce, but is a bit more specialized. Most people use LeadPages for generating email subscribers.
One of the great things about Unbounce is that the landing pages are usually compliant with Facebook’s advertising terms. If you plan on using Facebook ads to build your email list, LeadPages is a great tool to add to your arsenal.