In these past entrant profiles, we take a look at businesses that have previously entered the Business Achievers Awards and ask them a few questions about their businesses, stand out moments and words of advice they would like share with others. In this post we’re talking to Verde LED Ltd.
Tell us a little bit about your business what you do, the benefits of your product/service and what makes you unique to the competition.
VERDE LED design, manufacture and distribute a range of commercial LED energy efficient lighting solutions. WE have globally leading product certification and industry leading warranties which puts VERDE LED in prime position to grow exports exponentially. All sales were generated domestically when we commenced in 2010 but now VERDE LED’s sales are 80% export. Export sales will grow to over 90% in 2013. VERDE LED have grown exponentially in terms of employment and a are now a company with multi million euro turnover and continues to grow month on month.
Product benefits include better design, better certification, better light output per watt and longer warranties.
What are the stand-out moments or highlights to date?
- Winning the provincial Munster Green Business Award from the Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards
- Signing deals with large international players in the UK and central Europe
- Developing and brigning new products to the market tailored to clients requirements
If you could share an insight or top tip for SME’s / Emerging Entrepreneurs what would it be?
- Aim high, if you aim high and fall short you still are very successful, if you aim low and exceed your targets you could still be a small player.
- 2. Sales are paramount to any successful business, if you cant sell hire someone that can.
- Target overseas sales if your offering is not suitable, adapt it.
Find out more information at: www.verdeled.com