It would be remiss of us not to mention the largest business support organisation in Ireland; the LEOs. Local Enterprise Offices. They used to be called Enterprise Boards.
Local Enterprise Office provides advice, information and support to you in starting up or growing your business. With 31 dedicated teams across the Local Authority network in Ireland, Local Enterprise Offices offer you a wide range of experience,skills and services. The Local Enterprise Office is for people interested in starting up a new business or already in business including entrepreneurs, early stage promoters, start-ups and small business looking to expand. There is a long list of the things they do:
- direct financial supports to micro businesses. Micro Enterprises are businesses with 10 or less employees.
- advise on a range of alternative funding options available.
- business information, advisory services and enterprise support.
- training to meet the needs of your business including; Start Your Own Business, Managing Your Business e.g. Marketing, Sales, Financial Management, Strategy and Business Planning.
- mentoring your business with experienced experts.
- guide to the services most relevant to support the growth and development of your business.
- advice on local authority regulations, planning, accessibility, environment, procurement and other issues affecting your business.
- connect you with appropriate State resources for your business including relevant agencies such as
- create progression pathways for high-potential companies to Enterprise Ireland.
- advise on local property solutions for start-ups and business expansions.
- organise key enterprise events.
- facilitate effective business networking
- promote entrepreneurship education in the local community
You can also pick on tenders, enter competitions, download guides, etc. If you are a micro business (and most of us are), you should check them out; https://www.localenterprise.ie