Do you have a compelling value proposition?
- Is it breakthrough?
- Is it sustainable?
- Does it leverage the supply chains at lower prices with good enough quality?
- Is it an unmet need?
- Is there a high perceived value?
- Do you deliver an unique experience?
- Are the reasons for buying in the emotional or financial?
- Are you new product/service driven?
Are you clear to all your stakeholders about:
- Target market
- Customer profile
- Value provided
Is it a high growth market?
- Is the market clearly segmented?
- Are your market segments growing at multiple rates?
- Is the market big enough to grow at least one 1 bln. company
- Is your growth rate higher than your competitors
- Can you grow your current market share with a 1000%
- Are (potential) customers open to buy from small companies like yours?
- What is the level of competition (how truly distinctive is your offering)?
Are you shaped by your customers?
- Do you partner with your customers to help define the benefits, give feedback, field trails?
- Do clients use your product and services with their clients?
- Do your customers refer you on and help you grow?
- Does the 20/80 rule apply?
- Are you best clients growing at multiple rates?
- Do you use client testimonials in all your communications?
- Does the management meet regularly with important customers?
- Does your R+D department work with leading customers.
Do you have impressive partners?
- Is partnering part of your core strategy?
- Do you have alliances with bigger companies?
- Are the alliances managed at executive level?
- Is there an alliance with the Big Brother or Sister?
- Are you the only one in your market with such a alliance?
- Do you benefit significantly (revenue, cost reduction, growth) from alliances?
- Are the win-wins of the alliances mutual?
Are you making enough money?
- Is financial information easy accessible and transparent?
- Do you measure and optimise the profitability per customer?
- Do you consistently exceed the stated goals?
- Do you consistently exceed the analysts‚Äô expectations?
- Do you have an exceptional ROI compared to cost of capital?
- Do you generate free cash flow?
- Is the growth of cash flow greater than revenue growth?
- Do you re-invest surpluses in accelerated revenue growth or product development?
How good is your management team?
- Is the leadership driven by consistent company values?
- Does the management identify and clearly communicate the top strategic priorities?
- Is there an exploration, team and innovation culture?
- Is cross functional, high performance the norm?
- Is that innovation culture actively promoted by the management?
- Is there a balance in the team between internal and external focus?
- Do you execute well?
How good is your board of directors?
- Do you have a CEO that is grown a billion Euro company before?
- IS your board NOT dominated by your management team and investors?
- Does your board consist of CEOs of other billion Euro companies?
- Are your customers represented on your board?
- Is the biggest alliance partner on your board?
- Does the board focus on long term growth vs short term return?
- Are you management team extremely well prepared when engaging with board members?