eLearning has become a key feature within organizations instead of the traditional classroom training techniques, the main driving force behind companies moving towards eLearning is the cost, with an estimated 85% of every pound spent on classroom training, spent delivering it.
The costs are so high with classroom training due to having to take staff off the floor and send them to the classroom, which means you may have to find and pay for replacements. Not only will you find yourself paying for replacements but there is also the cost of the trainer himself, you will need to pay travel expenses, training materials, accommodation (if needed), food and drinks, room hire and of course the trainer himself!
Driving The Engagement
eLearning supports employee engagement in a number of ways, here are just a few:
- 24 hours a day – Being online, employees and educators are able to access the course and papers 24 hours a day, this also means the educators can revise and update/remove materials as businesses change trends. Employees may also contribute to content as well, this all adds up to continuous learning.
- Familiarity – Employees are already quite savvy with the platforms being used, they use them outside of work too so they understand the technology, therefore they have increased expectations for the system their employers use.
- Personalized – Employees have the ability to learn at their own pace, the organization can also tie learning goals to competencies, objectives and priorities. Employees can also explore other areas of interest as well.
- Privacy – The worry about failing something hold anyone back, employees need not worry, the ability to work from the comfort of your own home as opposed to classroom exams and training gives the employee total privacy and removes the burden of failing on front of their peers and co-workers.
- Engaging formats – Webinars, Skype, Podcasts and many more, this list grows as more technology is released, giving employees the ability to engage in any way that suits them.
- Real-time collaboration and sharing of best practices. Real-time problem-solving and collaboration are one of the primary methods that businesses are using today to resolve issues. “Two heads are better than one; why recreate the wheel” – we now have the ability to really practice what we preach.
- Greater efficiency and environmental consciousness. Employees take note of environmental awareness and prefer employers who take active measures to reduce their footprint. Decreased materials usage leads to decreased costs and greater employee retention.
eLearning is super cost effective on your corporation, not only this it can also propel the learning experience by giving the employee room to breath and work at their own pace, Calibrate by Medallion Learning is one such place, by combining three elements; dynamic learning platform, proven instructional model and high-quality content, Medallion is able to deliver results and bring employees to mastery with very little cost.