Irish Invent Showcase 2015 – The Irish continue to Invent the Future and embrace the opportunity to create consumer lead smart products that connect to smart devices, the internet and even fix these Internet of Things.
The Invent Showcase, supported by ID2015, is a celebration of some of these new product inventions and free to experience. It is established “to inspire all ages to create, design and produce amazing, useful and beautiful products to share with the world,” says Michael Cusack Clyne, founder of this Invent Showcase project.
Most of the featured inventions are commercially available products. Many will be launched on a global scale.
Crowdfunding has played it part in the making of some of the inventions on display. The majority of inventions were supported by Enterprise Ireland while others received investment from companies like PCH and Venture Capital funding like SoS Ventures, Delta Partners and Kernel Capital.
The list of products and inventions on display include:
- Drop (a smart cooking scales that wirelessly connects to an iPad)
- MooCall Sensor (hardware that attaches to the mother cow to alert the farmer she is about to give birth)
- Res Med S+ (a smart sleeping monitoring device)
- Scriba Stylus (a creative design electronic drawing device for the iPad)
- PatchBlocks (programmable mini-synth sound modules)
- Sound Bounce (hearing protection for industrial type headsets)
- Expressive Midi Guitar System (plug and play digital sounds via a real customisable guitar)
- Sugru (mouldable glue that turns into rubber for DIY fixes)
- LumaFit (cardio heart rate monitor and workout session analysis tool)
You can follow the event and what people are saying about it on Twitter@inventshowcase or better Yet check it out at the DogPatch Labs, CHQ, IFSC, Dublin 1 daily from 8am – 7pm (Mon – Fri) and 8am – 6pm (Sat)