Product Ownership and Perceptions questions
1. Probe ownership of product x type and other category products
- Probe companies they have had experience of.
- Which product x types have you heard of?
- Probe full list to gauge understanding of products available.
- What product x do you own?
- What was the trigger to purchase?
- What others did you consider?
- What are your main reasons for having a product x?
- Are certain product x more suitable/better than others to meet your objectives?
- What were the main things you were looking for when you bought the product?
- Who did you buy it from?
- How did you go about buying it?
- What influenced you, positively and negatively?
- Have you or anyone you know had any problems with it?
2. Responses to a New Product Concept
- Do you understand the product description?
- What do you like/dislike about it?
- What are the main benefits?
- Is it relevant to your needs?
- Does it appeal?
- Who might want it?
- How could it be improved?
- Could company brand positioning offer this product?
- If you were to remix the product features for the most appealing, what would you select and why?
- For those who do not have a product x type, would this make you buy one?
3. Current Relationships with Providers and Ideal Relationships
- How would you describe your relationship with your current provider?
- Do you think they provide good service?
- What do you expect versus what they deliver?
- What is a good relationship? And a bad one?
- How much contact do you want after purchase?
- Would you want to hear about new products?
4. Perceptions of product providers
- Show different product providers logos
- What is your opinion of each of these companies?
- What are the first thoughts that come to mind when you see each one?
- What sorts of products do they sell?
- What products could they sell?
- What types of people buy from them?
- How would you group them?
5. Response to corporate brand positioning/concepts
- What sort of company does this suggest?
- What sort of people would work for such a company?
- How would you expect them to treat a customer?
- What would their other products be like?
- Would you be interested in hearing from them?
- Would you be likely to approach them?
- Would you feel confident about them?
- Would you trust them?
- How would you expect to deal with them?
- Would you buy from them?
- What sort of person would buy this product from them?
- Rank the company positioning in order of preference.
- What would be the ideal company from your point of view?
- Would company x be able to be this ideal company?
- Would any other?
- What activities would be needed to keep this brand promise?
6. Preferred delivery channel
- Where would you expect to buy one?
- How would you expect/like to hear first about its availability?
- How much help, information and assistance would you need to buy it?
- Would you buy it direct or through a channel intermediary?