May 24 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Brief Programme Description
This programme will show small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on how to win government contracts by using market information to build and benefit from relationships with buyers and collaborators.
Did you know?
- Almost half of public sector tenders in Ireland have been won by just 0.3% of companies.
- The average tender receives just 4 to 5 responses; 25% receive 0 or 1 response
Aims of the Programme:
- Find tenders before they are published and build an 18-month pipeline of new tender opportunities to pursue
- Connect with recognised suppliers to help build credible tender responses
- Carry out deep analysis of company profiles, procurement histories, key contacts and more.
- Public Sector as a revenue stream
- How tendering works (a buyer and a supplier perspective)
- Competing for Tenders
- Finding Tenders
- Evaluating Tenders as a fit for your business
- Identifying Partners
- Building Blocks of a winning Tender
- Getting into the mind of the buyer
- Building your response
- Optimising the process
- Evaluating outcomes
- Assessing the results of your submission
- Debriefing and challenging results
- Lessons learnt and improving
About the Trainer:
Tony Corrigan is founder of TenderScout. TenderScout is an online platform that helps SMEs be more successful in winning public sector tenders. He has over 23 years-experience working in large multi-nationals, SMEs and start-up organisations such as IBM, Intel, Nebula Technologies and KOMINO. He has worked as a procurement consultant since 2004 for both buyers and suppliers in Ireland and abroad. Tony conceived TenderScout in 2008 in order to redress the imbalance between the success rates of large companies as compared to SMEs. He speaks and publishes extensively on how SMEs can become more engaged in tendering and what actions both companies and government should take to support this. Tony is passionate about increasing SME participation in public sector tendering and more importantly increasing the number of tenders that they win.
Tony has advised clients directly and they have won about 80% of the tenders that were worked on. In 2012, Tony has helped about 30 companies to win a total of €11m in public sector business. Our customers include companies in healthcare, IT, pharmaceuticals, publishing and media, and retail, among other sectors.
Tony holds a B.Sc, Computer Systems from University of Limerick and a business Diploma from Dublin Institute of Technology.