This is what some of the winners got from the Business Achievers. This could be you this year.
Mrs Hamilton said that the accolade has helped the firm gain recognition all over Ireland.
“The networking opportunities provided by taking part in the competition have been very advantageous,” she said. “We are now a recognised brand and it is a fantastic accolade for the whole team.
“We’re experiencing big growth in the United Arab Emirates and we are identifying big opportunities on the east coast of the USA.
Elaine Toner from the company said that the biggest boost from the awards was to staff morale.
“We display all our awards in the boardroom and we have a lot of international visitors, who are our main clients, so it is good to have them there for people to see,” she said.
“Despite our global reach we are a very small team and the staff morale was given a real boost by winning the award. It was a very simple and straightforward process; a lot of awards schemes can be time consuming and complicated, but Business Achievers was anything but and there was always someone at the end of the phone to help us.”
Elaine added: “Because of the way we operate, we don’t often get to meet a lot of local businesses so it was great to meet and mingle with different companies and in different sectors which we wouldn’t normally have come into contact with.”
The firm received a publishing bursary, business mentoring, a full service communications workshop, and PR opportunities.
Colin Trainor said that he hoped that one of the lasting legacies of taking part in the competition would be a boost to recruitment.
“The vast majority of our sales are in export and they are to trade customers and not consumers,” he said.
“What we want to do at home is to recruit the best talent and increase brand recognition. What the awards have also helped with are our dealings with financial institutions and our sourcing of customers in new parts of the world.
“The support from the marketing point of view was especially helpful.
“Any award you win is a bonus, but the added support was what made the difference.
“We were also up against some really stiff competition so it was great to be recognised alongside such good and impressive company.”
What you can gain from the awards
• Exclusive rights to use the Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards logo for promotion and marketing purposes.
• Ongoing promotional opportunities as part of the Business Achievers’ Alumni to raise the profile of the company.
• Benchmarking of progress and achievements against competitors and other sectors in the local business environment.
• Networking opportunities with fellow entrepreneurs, business leaders and enterprise support agencies, as well as local and national government agencies.
Provincial winners receive:
• Coverage by national media partners, The Belfast Telegraph and/or the Irish Independent.
• A specially commissioned company video that can be used on the company’s website and as part of marketing information.
•A specially commissioned awards trophy.
• A €50,000 (circa £40,000) advertising bursary with the Belfast Telegraph or Irish Independent.
• Internationally recognised business mentoring from Enterprise Ireland.
• A full service communications workshop for key staff by leading PR, marketing, sales and communications specialists.
• A specially commissioned Ulster Bank Business Achievers Award trophy.