Many markets are flat currently, as a result more organisations are chasing the same revenue. Retention is one of the biggest issue in sales currently. Customers have also changed. Their business priorities, budgets, authority and influences may be different from the last time they bought from you. When power shifts – requirements can get redefined. It is vital that sales organisations are engaged strategically and positioned correctly to retain and grow major accounts.
Who Should Attend
Experienced or new account managers who need to plan, retain and grow their major account business. Sales managers leading new or evolving key account teams. Business development managers who are responsible for building long-term business through their sales teams would also benefit
- To help organisations engage their accounts at a more strategic level.
- To position your product/service in a more differentiated fashion and shift the focus from services and prices to strategic value and relationships.
- To help you identify the relevant stakeholders and develop the right relationships, which help shift the perception from supplier to Strategic Partner.
- To retain and grow more business
- To help you write strategically robust Account Plans
The Role of the Account Manager – How to see your role. The Business Context of Account Management – How to understand your client’s environment. Account profiling – The Key Account Management Wheel, an effective diagnostic to tell you how you are positioned within an account. Relationships in Accounts – We will help you maximise the value of your relationships within your accounts through:
- Identifying Purchasing Roles
- Discovering Individual and Business Agendas
- Identifying Personal Wins and Personal Losses
- Identifying Influence
Account Planning – How to write an Account Plan that will engage all of your organisation in retaining and growing the Account.
- Identify the Key Players, their roles, their agendas and your strategy
- Understand the business challenges of the customer
- Identify your objectives
- Identify your unique business value proposition
- Create and execute on an action plan
Fee to attend: €410 (Members), €490 (non Members)