Who should participate?
Any manufacturing or service company where efficiency is a critical factor in success. Participants can be operators, supervisors and/or managers. We will work with you to select a team of up to three participants from your company. Each participant will deliver a worthwhile project in their area of the business.
What does the programme consist of?
- A twelve-week focused business impact programme
- Eight half-day in-company mentored sessions working on the specifics of your business
- Five practical one-day group workshops – all participating companies attend together
- Learning is practical and dynamic with a strong emphasis on business impact
- Participants will be encouraged to share and pool experiences so that delegates will benefit from ‘real life’ experiences
How will your business benefit?
Adopting lean tools and techniques is a new approach to business that is being embraced by an increasing number of manufacturing and services companies both nationally and around the world. Why? Because it is delivering serious competitive advantage to companies who engage in the process. Previous participants on our programmes are using lean to deliver measureable improvements across a wide range of business outcomes, including improved cash flow, productivity, waste reduction, lead times, employee engagement, quality and customer service.
By participating in this programme, you and your team members will:
- Develop a clear understanding and practical knowledge of the tools and practices underpinning lean
- Identify and deliver a project or suite of projects that will provide meaningful and measureable improvements for your business
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to be able to apply lean principles, tools and techniques to other projects within your business
How is the programme structured?
Pre-Programme preparation: Prior to first workshop, our programme provider ETAC Solutions, will meet with each participating company to assist with the identification of projects, to set expectations and to clarify the programme process. This will include completion of a Lean Self-Assessment and Project Charter.
Workshop 1: Lean Thinking, Simulation, Process Measurement, Value, Standard Work
Workshop 2: Improvement Cycles (8-steps), Workplace Organisation & Visualisation
Workshop 3: Lean Material Systems, Value Stream Mapping
Workshop 4: Quick Changeovers, Kaizen events, Quality, Mistake-Proofing, Layout
Workshop 5: Project Presentation and Awards
Mentoring Sessions: Eight half-day mentoring sessions delivered on-site on your company premises.
- Phase 1: Initial meeting in advance of first group workshop (one half-day)
Meet owner / key managers in the company to scope out the Project
- Phase 2: Assemble project team (one half-day)
Prepare project business cases and involve Finance
- Phase 3: Deliver Project (four half-days)
Weekly coaching on project progress
- Phase 4: Project Closure (one half-day)
Implement training, standardisation, monitoring & prevention.
- Phase 5: Presentation (one half-day)
Complete assignment with a team presentation to the management team.
What is the cost of the programme?
The subsidised cost of the programme is €3,500 per company for up to three participants. This includes all training, mentoring, course materials, lunches and refreshments.
Space on this programme is extremely limited. If you are interested in securing a place on our Lean Business Programme, contact us today. We invite you to meet with us to discuss the programme, the successes it has already produced, its benefits and what it can mean for your business.
- Steve Halpin
- ETAC Solutions
- 087 2755 773
- Brian Colleran, Programme Development Manager
- 087 292 8900