Membership in the Service is void where prohibited by law. It is not available to users (which term shall comprise both Browsers and Registered Members, each as hereinafter defined) who have been suspended or removed from the Service for any reason.
Registration as a member of the Service is free, subject to the completion and submission of the registration forms contained in the Site. Registered Members are entitled to access certain content that is unavailable to other visitors to the Site (“Browsers”), which content may vary in extent and nature from time to time at the sole discretion of smallbusinesscan. By completing and submitting the registration form in the Site, Registered Members indicate their consent to be bound by such terms of this Agreement as expressly apply to Registered Members only (and not just to Browsers). For the avoidance of doubt, Browsers are bound by the terms of this Agreement by their use of the Site as if they had signed this Agreement, save for such terms as expressly apply to Registered Members only. When you register as a Registered Member, you will be asked to choose a username and a password for your member profile. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the member profile, username, or password of another Registered Member at any time. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your (or any other Registered Member’s) member profile or access to your (or any other Registered Member’s) password. We reserve the right to refuse to grant you a username that we consider inappropriate for any reason, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your member profile and agree to indemnify and hold us and this Site harmless in relation to all actions, claims and proceedings (including but not limited to attendant legal action, disbursement of fees or costs arising therefrom) in relation to all matters arising from third party use of your password and login where such third party accesses the Site on your instruction or as a result of negligence on your part. In the case of Registered Members, in consideration of your/their use of the Service and the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself /themselves as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site (“Registration Data”); and (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you/they provide to smallbusinesscan, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account.
Please note that you can unsubscribe at any time.
Under no circumstances will smallbusinesscan provide member data to outside parties for other purposes.
You understand and agree not to use smallbusinesscan to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use smallbusinesscan for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) Using the Service invitations to send messages to people who do not know you or who are unlikely to recognise you as a known contact; b) Using the Service to connect to people who do not know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through smallbusinesscan.
- Post content in fields that aren’t intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
- Interfere with or disrupt smallbusinesscan or servers or networks connected to smallbusinesscan or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to smallbusinesscan.
- International Use
- Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the Republic of Ireland or the country in which you reside.
Information Provided on this Website
Reliance On Information
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to financial, professional or any other type of advice on which reliance should be placed. No representation, guarantee, warranty or undertaking is given as to the accuracy of the information on the Site; it is not guaranteed and does not constitute business or other professional advice and is subject to change and therefore smallbusinesscan cannot accept responsibility for any loss damage or expense incurred upon using the information. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, which is at all times subject to change. Specific advice should be sought in every situations from a properly qualified professional before taking any action. smallbusinesscan does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill or any type of financial or other pecuniary or direct or special, indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising, whether in negligence or for breach of contract or other duty, as a result of use of or reliance on the information contained in the Site, whether authorised or not, towards any user of the Site or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
No member of Ulster Bank Group is responsible for any of the products or services advertised or made available on the smallbusinesscan website. Further, no member of Ulster Bank Group makes any representation or warranty or undertaking of any kind in relation to the analysis, information or commentary contained on this website or the timeliness, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or accuracy of such information.
Ulster Bank Group does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill or any type of financial or other pecuniary or direct or special, indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising, whether in negligence or for breach of contract or other duty, as a result of use of or reliance on the information contained in the smallbusinesscan website, whether authorised or not, towards any user of the website or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Access to service
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the smallbusinesscan website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to “frame” or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorised access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Monitoring and Enforcement
(a) There is a link to the contact page at the bottom of every page on the Site. This will lead you to a contact form in which you can select complaint as your reason for contacting us
(b) In the forum there is a Report link that will bring you to a similar complaints page, but will target the specific comment that you wish for us to review in the context of it constituting potentially offensive or infringing material.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT SMALLBUSINESSCAN DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. SMALLBUSINESSCAN ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. SMALLBUSINESSCAN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SMALLBUSINESSCAN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SMALLBUSINESCAN SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SMALLBUSINESSCAN OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SMALLBUSINESSCAN SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SMALLBUSINESSCAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SMALLBUSINESSCAN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
If for any reason you wish to contact us, we can be reached at: email@example.com Thank you for visiting the Site.