Working too hard and feel you are getting nowhere? Then it’s time to take a fresh look at how you approach your work. Try these practical steps:
1. Recognise that being busy is not the same as being effective. Ask yourself: “Is what I’m doing contributing to what is really important to me?”
2. Choose to be effective rather than efficient. Being efficient at everything will get you bogged down, while being effective at what’s important will get you what you want.
3. Commit to paper in detail what you want to achieve. Having a clear description and picture brings your goal closer to reality.
4. Focus your attention on what you want to achieve, rather than the problem. What you focus on gets bigger.
5. Decide what you really want to do, then just do it! Ask yourself, “What do I really want to do more of in my life?” Make the commitment to yourself.
6. Decide what you no longer want to do, then stop it! Some of your habits no longer serve you and may be counterproductive.
7. Accept your natural gifts and talents and leverage them. It’s okay to be acknowledged and rewarded for something that comes easily to you.
8. Take care of yourself first, so that you can keep giving. Do it as a favour to yourself, your loved ones and your co-workers.
9. Know what you are good at – do only that and delegate the rest. You will produce better results with more sustained energy and enthusiasm.
10. Just do it now! Keep repeating this short phrase to yourself over and over again. Repeat this simple phrase for 30 days and it will become a habit. Once our sub-conscious has this as a habit your procrastinations will be no more.
More form Paul Davis at his site www.davisbusinessconsultants.com