Our friend in Wayra have announced a new call for projects in order to find new business proposals in the fields of Internet and new technologies.
Entrepreneurs from all over the world can put forward their digital projects up to 26 May at:
in order to win a place at one of the eight Academies in this call, among them the Academies in Buenos Aires, Caracas, Dublin, Lima, Madrid, Santiago, Mexico City and Munich.
In this call, the focal point is products and solutions in the fields of Big Data, M2M (Machine to Machine), mobile (including HTML5 applications), virtualization and cloud services (XaaS), although not exclusively.
This the the second call (with a mini call in between). To give you an indication of the quality, here are last years winners.
- Popdeem, a social commerce platform that connects brands to student communities through the power of social networks.
- BragBet, a company aiming to become the global leader in social gambling by mirroring online the way that males interact.
- SuperQuest, a game that helps you discover your superpower, and shows you how to use it to live a better life.
- Glass Robot Studio, a company developing a mobile social-gaming platform driven by social networking and user-generated content for iphone, Android, and Windows Phone.
- ThoughtBox, an educational software provider delivering learning experiences through games.
- OptiWifi, which delivers next-gen Wi-Fi monitoring and self-optimising solutions to Wi-Fi service providers, Mobile Carriers and Wi-Fi manufacturers
- Whitd, who make software that allows you to free up time for working and reduces time managing email.
- PayMins, who produce software that enables anyone to sell digital media direct to fans using mobile payments.
- Woop.ie, a content-first digital publishing platform that allows users to create beautiful publications that look great on any device.
If you are a start-up in big data, mobile, cloud, M2M, this is a no-brainer.